Citizens of Russia paid the most visits in Georgia in April 2019. According to the data provided by the National Tourism Administration of Georgia, there were 113,138 visits from Russia to Georgia in April 2018, which is more by 26% compared to the same period of 2018. 647,770 international visits were noted overall, which is more by 4.6% compared to April 2018.
There are several countries, from which the flow of tourists has decreased. National Tourism Administration of Georgia reports that the flow of tourists from Iran has decreased by 59.4%. The number of visits from Iran to Georgia amounted to 10,505 in April 2019, whereas the same indicator exceeded 25,000 in April 2019.
Flow of Visitors from Top 15 Countries:
1. Russia – 113,138 visitors, y/y increase - 26.5% ;
2. Azerbaijan - 99,073 visitors, y/y increase - 0.4%;
3. Turkey - 95,063 visitors, y/y decrease - -7.6%;
4. Armenia - 94,391 visitors, y/y increase - 4.1%;
5. Georgia (non-resident) - 35,809 visitors, y/y decrease - -11.2%;
6. Israel - 14,343 visitors, y/y increase - 11.2%;
7. Ukraine - 11,991 visitors, y/y increase - 3.1%;
8. Iran - 10,505 visitors, y/y decrease - -59.4%;
9. Germany - 5,670 visitors, y/y increase - 43.5%;
10. Kazakhstan - 5,621 visitors, y/y increase - 89.1%;
11. India - 5,243 visitors, y/y increase - 22.9%;
12. Poland - 4,761 visitors, y/y increase - 22.8%;
13. The United Kingdom - 2,889 visitors, y/y increase - 30.0%;
14. USA - 2,887 visitors , y/y increase - 18.1%;
15. China - 2,504 visitors, y/y increase - 30.6%.
2,265,318 passengers travelled in Georgia in January-April period of 2019, which is 2.9% more compared to the same period of last year.
Out of those travels, 1,230,649 were considered as tourist visits, which is more by 56,608 visits compared to the same data of 2018 giving us a +4.8% increase.
According to the preliminary data, Georgia gained $578 million from Tourism sector in January-March period of 2019. Compared to January-March 2018 the indicator is higher by 5%.
In their statistics, National Tourism Administration of Georgia also includes Georgian citizens who are the residents of foreign countries.
See all the news
Silknet signed Memorandum of Understanding with Global Communications Company One Web
Reuters: Dutch city tells floating Georgian monastery to cast off
The NBG hiked further as the GEL stays undervalued
World Bank expects slowdown of Georgia's economic growth in Q4 of 2019
Georgia-Estonia Business Forum is Held Today
Nestle Sees $250 Million Boost for Starbucks Products
GDP will be Calculated by the Updated Methodology from Today – What the Reform Will Cause
BM.GE: Giorgi Gakharia has selected a new business ombudsman
Tourist Number Hits a Record within 10Months and Exceeds 8 MLN Despite Putin’s Flight Ban
Galt & Taggart does not rule out slowdown of economic growth to 4% in 2020
Mamuka Khazaradze: finally, I also found out what we were accused of
Salmonella detected in frozen chicken meat imported from Ukraine
Talakvadze about Tskaltubo Development Project: special rules won’t apply to Ivanishvili
m2: we do not have any plans for Center Point at this stage
Georgia Capital to open 6 new hotels in Georgia under the new brand Amber Group
The CEO of m2 Group is changed - Shota Berekashvili replaces Irakli Burdiladze
The 30 Top Emerging Travel Destinations for 2020
"We hold rather comfortable shares on the market " – Does TBC Bank want to Buy Cartu?
Interview with Ahmed Bin Sulayem - Executive Chairman and CEO of DMCC
Agreement signed between Silknet and Euronews to launch “Euronews Georgia”